It’s a good idea to use a collaborative project manager in order to facilitate effective teamwork on a project. At Workana, we’d like to help you familiarize yourself with the best softwares to manage every type of project.
Working on collaborative projects requires these types of collaborative project management tools. For example, let’s say you want to launch an app for your business. You’ll need developers, designers, copywriters, and other members on your team.
You’ll still hire people, but instead of managing the work on an individual basis, you’d do so with a virtual collaborative project manager, saving you time and maximizing your team’s efficiency.
There are plenty of softwares available, but we’ve made a list of the top 12 softwares so you can learn more about their features and establish criteria to help you pick the most suitable software for your needs.
12 virtual collaborative project managers to optimize processes and increase effectiveness
This is one of the most popular virtual collaborative project managers on the market. Users can use it to manage an entire project from start to finish. Because of its features that make it easy to share files, organize conversations, Asana is ideal for:
- Making a master to-do list
- Assigning a project progress bar
- Using the “Get things done” method
- Managing internal conversations with a chat that allows you to have a more direct conversation and cut down on emails
Users can also change the view from a list to a dashboard or calendar with the click of a mouse. Work can be divided by projects in an organized manner.
Asana is also equipped with project storyboards, and users can integrate external tools like Harvest.
Another well-known virtual collaborative project management tool is Trello. Trello is ideal for:
- Crossing off processes as well as completed tasks
- Viewing and tracking project’s progress
- Planning each step of a project
- Receiving email notifications when tasks are complete
- Users can also drag any type of file and attach it to a dashboard, such as photos, captions, and even components from Google Drive
Trello is unique because of its intuitive design that allows users to easily update a project’s status and track its progress at a glance. Projects are organized in a dashboard, and all users can see them, add tasks, assign projects, mark them complete, make notes, and more.
With Trello, users can organize projects easily and effectively so the whole team is on the same page.
Its user-friendly interface offers great user experience and a simple, intuitive design to establish an excellent work sequence. Its features include:
- Resource and project management
- Time control
With a Monday account, users can upload and attach cards, mention team members, and more.
Monday is a customizable tool that allows users to work with any methodology that fits their team an projects. Monday can be integrated with project management apps such as:
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Typeform, and more
In addition to the standard features included with a virtual collaboration project management software, Clarizen also includes portfolio, workflow, and resource management tools. Clarizen helps automate professional services at a corporate level.
Clarizen can help automate the workflow for users who provide services that involve repetitive processes.
Clarizen has tools that allow users to view the following online:
- To-do lists
- Documents and files
Each team member can use the control panel to see how each team member’s work fits into the general project. Users can check the following online:
- Project time
- Shared documents
With Celoxis, users can make project timelines with interactive graphics and include the entire team. In addition to the traditional features of a project management software, Celoxis can also:
- Report errors
- See pending tasks
- Manage tickets
- Fill out the timesheet
- Receive notifications
- Send updates without initiating a session
- Start discussions
- Add comments
- Make references
- File exchange
- Start a clock timer for tasks
- And more
Users can track a project’s status in real time. Celoxis also has analytical capabilities.
Hive offers flexible project views, time control, and analysis, and users can track a project’s progress with other team members.
Hive has full email integration so users can send and receive Gmail and Outlook messages from the app. It’s well-designed and can accommodate any number of users.
BaseCamp is a Cloud-based manager that operates smoothly and is ideal for collaborative tasks. Team members can manage projects, distribute to-do lists and classify them according to each team member’s role and rank.
Basecamp also allows for assigning responsibilities and different objectives to each role or rank. The interface is easy to use, and teams can quickly adapt to using this platform quickly and easily.
Workotter is a simple but effective and comprehensive tool. It’s designed specifically for engineering, IT, and consulting teams. It’s easy to set up, since you only have to drag and drop, and it works on computers and smartphones.
It can two-way synchronize with MS Project, JIRA, and Excel, and team members can collaborate using Outlook without starting a session. Workotter integrates with:
- Dropbox, Box
- QuickBooks, and more
Reporting panels can be sent by email and allow for exporting files in Excel, XML, CSV, Word, or PDF
Backlog is a special cloud-based tool designed for developers and their teams. Their features include:
- Task administration
- Personalized fields
- File administration
- And more
It’s perfect for developers because it functions as an error tracker and control system for versions.
Backlog provides CVN and Git repositories as well as extraction and combination requests, and a viewfinder for differences and comments online.
Kabanflow is an excellent software that supports project management with your team. Your company will have the best means of communication available to every professional, regardless of their location.
Kabanflow facilitates collaboration, task updates, task assignments within projects, creating new projects, and everything updates in real time for each team member.
As for its user-friendly, color-coded interface, it’s easy to adjust to using Kabanflow. It also allows users to add subtasks to tasks, attach files, and even monitor statistics and work time.
Designed specifically for companies, small offices, and for individuals, Paymo’s tools include:
- Project management from start to finish
- Management and collaboration
- Time control
It’s perfect for agencies because users can add task files and add comments or assign multi user tasks when more than one person is responsible for that task.
Once you accept the shared use of a file, users can organize the file in a centralized storage location for every project and more. users can also activate email notifications whenever someone assigns a new task or takes an action.
Last but not least is Bitrix24. Designed to be a cohesive workspace where daily operations and tasks can be easily managed, Bitrix24 allows you to supervise projects throughout every stage..
Bitrix24’s special features include:
- Enabling all team members to collaborate using an option that allows for a smooth flow of messages, activities, chats, surveys, phone integration, and even voice and video calls
- It’s an excellent CRM. If you have a marketing or sales team, Bitrix24 makes tasks like announcements, contacts, talks, invoices, sales information, web forms, and sales authorizations easier.
- Helping with managing tasks and subtasks, department, follow-up on tasks, assigning roles, and more
- It’s also perfect for managing documents because users can save and send out every type of file
- It’s ideal for managing automatic work time, calculations, summaries, creating work reports, and generating shared calendars
It’s a great virtual collaboration project manager and is ideal for managing remote work teams.
Now that you’re familiar with a few virtual collaborative project managers, take some time to evaluate the features, capacity, and user friendliness that each tool provides your team and if it’s adaptable to the type of project that your team is working on.
Keep the type of virtual blackboards, interactive tools, and structured and automated workflow conditions in mind. It’s also important to consider how many people will use the project manager, if it’s easy to implement, if it has its own hosting, if it offers tech support, and more.
A collaborative project manager is the best way to work with a remote team and organize tasks with several freelance collaborators.
You might also be interested in:
- Are you ready to face the new labor pattern?
- Scalability and freelancing: how remote work keeps you competitive in the marketplace
- Remote work teams and accelerated growth: How to build your dream team virtually?
- 10 critical points you have to take into account if you lead a remote working team
- Why it is important to support your remote work teams 100% to grant their success
- Advantages of integrating freelancers into your content team