With the holiday season in full swing and another year coming to a close, it’s time to take a well-deserved break from work and spend quality family with loved ones.
In fact, the holiday season brings so many special celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, and other great events that it can seem like another full time job to fit everything in! The million dollar question becomes, “How do we keep a good workflow during the holidays?”
A lot of times it can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking that in order for a business to be successful, the owner needs to control everything. But luckily, that’s not necessarily true.
Thousands of companies have created empires without controlling every little detail. That’s not to say that it’s a good idea to be completely hands off, but delegating work is a great way to focus on the big picture and let others focus on the little details.
Keep reading to learn more about how delegation can help your company grow and succeed.
Productivity might go down during the holiday season
Almost everyone can get caught up in the holiday whirlwind during this time, and it can sometimes feel like everything requires our attention at the same time.Butit’simportanttorealizethat:
- Even the best employees can start to get a little restless at the end of the year and productivity can decrease as the holidays approach.
- It’s normal to want to enjoy the holiday season and go into vacation mode a little early.
- Productivity can decrease because of these factors, so it’s important to widen the margin of error on certain projects
These circumstances can affect all departments. In Human Resources, people might relax their high standards a bit, while in accounting a few numbers may be a bit more inexact. In design, the graphics may be a bit lower quality than usual.
Deadlines may be a little more lax as the holidays approach, which can affect overall productivity.
How can you prevent this from happening?
Get a fresh perspective with the help of a freelancer!
You might ask, “Why hire a freelancer when I already have employees?” The answer is simple, and after you find out what it is, you’ll want to hire a freelancer ASAP.
- A freelancer gets to set their own schedule so they can make time for your projects
- A freelancer always has time to spend with their family and is a pro at time management
- A freelancer can serve as a temp with a fresh mindset
- A freelancer always wants to create a great impression in order to establish a long term working relationship
With a fresh perspective and a can-do attitude, freelancers can help you think outside the box and boost performance throughout your company.
Hiring a freelancer allows you to put your mind at ease because with their help, you can delegate the extra work and enjoy the festivities.
Of course you’ll still want to check in and make sure that the project is going according to plan, but if you hire an experienced freelancer with a good profile who has a track record of following instructions and communicating well, the project is sure to go smoothly.
Are you hiring and looking to increase your visibility during the holiday season?
If you’re starting a business, wanting to take it to the next level, or looking to expand, and you want to make the most of the holiday season to launch a great campaign with promos, rewards programs, or loyalty programs, hiring a freelancer is a great way to get the job done.
Here are just a few benefits of hiring a freelancer during the holiday season to promote your marketing campaigns:
- A freelancer has experience from being involved in other projects and can help launch a great campaign to promote your brand or company
- A freelancer helps you stay within budget. Of course you’ll have to pay a fair rate for an experienced professional, but with a freelancer you won’t have to pay extras like utilities, bonuses, or surprise fees.
- With a freelancer you can hire someone on an hourly or by project basis so you can plan your budget in advance.
This holiday season, treat your company to some extra support, prepare to launch your best marketing campaign, and let freelancers who specialize in traffic, inbound marketing, copywriting, and design make your holiday season great.
You can also get support in every department; freelancers can serve as virtual assistants working in accounting, administrative support, finance, and business development, and more.
Companies and entrepreneurs looking to expand hire freelancers because they think outside the box
The business world is constantly evolving not just with technology but with how companies hire. Constant change is essential for success, and adapting to new ways of hiring and delegating makes freelancers indispensable.
According to our report in MBA American Economy, companies increased the demand for freelancers specializing in IT and Programming by 40%, and this is just one example of how the labor market is moving toward this employment method.
Why are these statistics relevant?
Because they shows a trend:hiring a freelancer brings versatility, profitability, and results to companies looking to expand.
If you want to make your company shine this holiday season, hire an experienced freelancer who can contribute ideas, action plans, and services that will bring growth and repeat sales to your brand.
You might also be interested in:
- Are you going to create a project in Workana? Don’t forget these 10 tips to have the best experience
- Seven keys to a successful remote work team
- The five most frequent fears of freelancers and clients (and how to get over them)
- How to design a successful Hot Sale with a team of freelancers